Disposition of 37 & 39 West Cleveland Avenue By, the Newark Housing Authority
Public Notice of request for proposals/bids/offers concerning the disposition of 37 & 39 West Cleveland Avenue located within the City Limits of Newark, DE 19711, Tax Parcel Numbers 18-013.00-182 and 183. The property is owned by the Newark Housing Authority (NHA). The property consists of the following:
- 3 Bedrooms (each unit)
- 1 Full Bath (each unit)
- Listed as Exempt Residential (each unit)
- Detached Duplex – Single Family Home
- 1152 Square Feet for 37 & 1152 Square Feet for 39
- Built in 1900’s
- 0.13 acres for 37 & 0.16 acres for 39
- Site Dimensions: 25.70 x 221.10 for 37 & 31.70 x 222.90 for 39
- Best and final offers only; Escalation clauses permitted.
- Minimum bid $400,000 for each property.
- NHA Reserves the Right to Reject any offer(s) received for any reason.
- Sealed written Proposals/Bids/Offers are due by Thursday, June 30, 2022, by 3:00 PM.
- Public is invited to attend the opening of the sealed bids on Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
A tour of the properties will be scheduled for all interested parties. The tour date will be on Wednesday, June 15, 2022, at 11:00 a.m.
If the successful bidder demolishes the two buildings and builds new, the developer will be required to provide two affordable housing units for every ten (10) units constructed based on the Newark Housing Authority’s eligibility requirements.
Contact Marene M. Jordan at (302) 366-0826 for more information. All proposals/bids/offers for the property must be submitted in writing to, 313 E. Main Street, Newark, DE 19711 by June 30, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. EST.